Have you heard of the revolutionary shooting game called GellyBall? If you have not heard of it before now, you’ll be shocked at how similar the gameplay is to paintball and airsoft. You’ll also be surprised at how unbelievably fun it is for kids and adults of all ages.
Many come to us for mobile laser tag and, upon seeing GellyBall on our website, have a number of questions. Here are a few of the most common questions we hear about GellyBall.
Seven FAQs About GellyBall
1) What in the World is GellyBall?
It stands to reason that the first question we often hear is about the game itself. From GellyBall’s website:
“GellyBall is the revolutionary, lower-impact shooting game for all ages! Our commercial-grade, battery-powered blasters, launch hydrated gel orbs at targets or other players in a variety of game scenarios.” – GellyBall.com.
Texas is where GellyBall first began a few years ago, but it has since expanded quickly. It is currently broadcast in 22 nations and all of the United States. The game’s rapid expansion may have you asking, making it unique compared to paintball and airsoft.
2) What Sets GellyBall Apart from Paintball and Airsoft
There are four key distinctions between GellyBall and other shooting games:
- GellyBall Ammo is Unique: GellyBall ammo is 90% water, biodegradable and non-toxic, containing no paint or stain. This makes it quite distinctive over paint-filled paintballs and the solid, tiny airsoft bb’s.
- GellyBall is Low-Impact: Since they are made of water, GellyBalls are much lower-impact than paintballs and airsoft ammo. We compare the feeling of being struck by GellyBalls to getting flicked with a rubber band.
- GellyBall Blasters are Uniform: GellyBall blasters are battery-powered, handheld, and all have the official GellyBall stamp on them. They shoot straight and accurately up to sixty feet and are incredibly fun to use. While you can find imitations on Amazon, make sure you play with the real thing at Elite Action Gaming or Black Mountain Adventure Zone.
- GellyBall Clean-up is Easy: The ammunition is ecologically friendly because it is primarily comprised of water. The ammunition can be swept or vacuumed when played inside. Outside, very little cleaning is necessary.
These distinctions are part of what makes GellyBall the perfect game for a wide range of ages and types of events.
3) At What Age Can Players Start Playing GellyBall?
Every player is different. We allow players as young as five because the equipment is easy to use. However, we find that it is best to keep players on a level playing field by grouping them by age. Younger kids might do better with assistance from adults.
4) Is GellyBall Fun for Older Kids and Teenagers?
Absolutely! Does the challenge of utilizing airsoft and paintball weapons contribute to their appeal? Is playing a shotting game entertaining if there’s a chance of obtaining welts, bruises, and bumps? Players of airsoft and paintball are frequently found to enjoy Gellyball! Even if they are first skeptical, they quickly come around.
One of the main draws is how accurate the blasters are. Those with experience playing other shooting games are impressed by the distance and pinpoint accuracy of GellyBall blasters. We often see teenagers enjoy this game as much or more than younger kids!
5) How Many Players Can Play GellyBall?
You can actually have as many players as you like. We do not limit players or charge per player. We play up to ten at a time. If you have more than ten players in your group, we will simply create more teams and rotate so everyone gets to play. In other words, you do not have to limit your party size to ten players. We’ll help you rotate teams, so everyone is having fun.
GellyBall can be quite physical, so players often welcome a break. You won’t likely find many of your party attendees complaining if they have to sit out a round or two!
6) Do I Need to Bring Safety Equipment?
All essential equipment is included in the cost of your party. We provide the blasters, a full-face shield, and ammunition. You do not need to carry or own any specialized gear.
All players under the age of eighteen must wear our full-face, protective GellyBall helmets. The helmets are comfortable and look fantastic in pictures, but they also do a good job of protecting your eyes from ammo.
7) How Can I Book a GellyBall Party?
Is GellyBall the perfect activity for your next event? Please reach out to us to book your party. We can’t wait to show you how much fun you’ll have playing GellyBall!