Thousands of people travel to Waynesville, Sylva, and Bryson City every year to experience the great outdoors. For nine to ten months of the year, you can pretty much count on beautiful weather perfect for exploring the surrounding Great Smoky Mountains. Sometimes, however, the weather simply doesn’t cooperate.
When the weather outside is cold and gloomy, it can be challenging to find indoor activities to keep kids entertained in Western North Carolina. However, there are plenty of options for indoor fun in the region, from museums and trampoline parks to bowling alleys and children’s museums. Here are some ideas for indoor activities for kids in Western North Carolina:
What To Do Indoors in Western North Carolina
Here are seven options in and around western North Carolina.
- Visit the Pinball Museum in Asheville, where kids of all ages can enjoy 35 pinball machines and 35 classic video games.
- Head to Launch Trampoline Park in Arden for trampoline-based activities, including dodgeball, basketball, and a ninja obstacle course.
- Go bowling at one of Western North Carolina’s many bowling alleys, such as Sky Lanes and AMF Star Lanes in Asheville or Tarheel Lanes in Hendersonville.
- Explore the interactive exhibits at the Asheville Museum of Science or the Hands On! Children’s Museum in Hendersonville.
- Catch a movie at one of the region’s theaters, such as the Regal Biltmore Grande Stadium 15 or the Carolina Cinemark in Asheville. Or, visit a dine-in movie theater like Asheville Pizza and Brewing in North Asheville.
- Try an escape room at Fox-N-Otter Adventure Escapes, which has rooms suitable for children and pre-teens.
- Take a train ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad in Bryson City.
For some more exciting adventures near western North Carolina, try our indoor arena at Black Mountain Adventure Zone.
Play Laser Tag at BMAZ
“Laser tag at BMAZ is not your typical arcade-style activity. Featuring LaserWar technology with multiple games and weapon modes, so every battle is different and exciting.”
Gone are the days of bulky vests and blasters attached to cords. Our comfortable head straps and wireless blasters, combined with innovative scoring, make laser tag a blast.
Play VR Games and Escape Rooms at BMAP
VR has been added to the list of adventure activities at BMAZ. Depending on the type of event, target age group, and preferred participant count, we now offer five VR Games or seven VR Escape Rooms to accommodate your needs. Your BMAZ Host will organize and supervise the games during your party. Five individuals can play at once in our VR arena.
Play GellyBall at BMAZ
“Gellyball is a new, lower impact shooting experience for players as young as five and yet still exciting for teens and adults!”
Don’t miss out this winter if you haven’t tried this cutting-edge new game that combines the greatest elements of airsoft and paintball with low-impact munitions. Kids as young as five and those young at heart all have a blast playing GellyBall.
If you’re ready to book a party at Black Mountain Adventure Zone, reach out to us today!